About DR Manzoor Ahmed Dar
Dr. Manzoor Ahmad Dar has more than 35 years of experience in Surgery. After completing MBBS in 1984 from Madras University India he got trained and he worked in the UK and Ireland for 11 years. He has worked as Consultant Laparoscopic, General & Bariatric Surgeon in Armed Forces Hospital, Saudi Arabia for 11 years. He joined MoH Hospital in Sohar, Oman as Senior Consultant Surgeon in 2010. He established Bariatric Surgery Services in Sohar Hospital in 2011, the first time in the whole of Oman. Along with his surgical practice, he is also an examiner for MRCS Part B examinations conducted by Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburg, and MD Examinations conducted by the National University of Oman. He is also a trainer and examiner for Advanced Trauma Operative Management conducted by the American College of surgeons, Care for critically ill surgical patients conducted by Royal College of Surgeons, England. In addition he is trainer for Basic Surgical Skills Course Conducted by Royal College of Surgeons, London. He has been the regional supervisor and trainer for Oman Medical Speciality Board Trainee Residents and reviewer for Oman Medical Journal.
Dr. Dar is a member of the Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburg, UK, SAGES (USA), Indian Medical Council, and MoH, Omam.
Dr. Dar has presented his work at various national and international forums including SAGES (USA). He regularly attends various international symposiums, conferences, and workshops to update his knowledge and skills.
Excellence & Experience
Area of excellence
- Advanced Laparoscopic Surgeries like Gallbladder, Appendix, Inguinal Hernia, Complex Abdominal Wall Hernias, Stomach and Colon Surgeries.
- Bariatric Surgeries like Sleeve Gastrectomy, Gastric Bypass and Revision Surgeries
- Laparoscopic Surgeries for Chest, Thoracoscopic Dorsal Sympathectomy for Hyperhidrosis, Blebectomy for Spontaneous Pneumothorax
- Management of Complex and Multiloculated Pleural Effusion, Segmental Lung Resection and Lung Biopsies
- Cancer Surgeries for Stomach, Colon, Breast and Thyroid Gland.
Level of Experience
- Dr. Dar has earlier worked at Kilpauk Medical College, Madras, India, University College Hospital, Gateway, Ireland, and Armed Forces Hospital, Saudi Arabia. He is currently working at MoH Hospital, Sohar, Oman.
Awards & Academics
List of awards
- MBBS, University of Madras, India (1984)
- FRCS, Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburg, UK (1993)
- Advanced Trauma Operative Management (ATOM), American College of Surgeons (2009)
- Care of the Critically Ill Surgical Patient (CCRiSP), Royal College of Surgeons, England (2016)
Out Patient Timings
The outpatient timings at Badr Al Samaa Hospitals have been planned in such a way that your choice of doctor is available whenever you are free.
Sohar - Oman
Sohar - Oman